- Design :
Huawei Honor code named Huawei U8860 is a mid-range Android smartphone. Its comes with a 4-inch touchscreen display, Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS. The device sports an 8.0 MP rear-facing camera with HD video recording capability. Also, there is a front-facing camera for video calling.The device uses an 1.4Ghz processor with 512MB RAM and 4GB of memory. Huawei Honor supports external memory card up to 32GB.
Huawei U8860 Honor Specification :
- 2G Network - GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network – HSDPA 900 / 1700 / 2100
- HSDPA 850 / 1900 – for AT&T
- Dimensions – 122 x 61 x 11 mm
- Weight – 140 g
- Type - TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size – 480 x 854 pixels, 4.0 inches (~245 ppi pixel density)
- Alert types - Vibration, MP3 ringtones
- Loudspeaker - Yes
- 3.5mm jack - Yes
- Card slot – microSD (TransFlash) up to 32GB
- Internal - 1 GB storage, 512 MB RAM, 4 GB ROM
- GPRS - Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 – 48 kbps
- EDGE – Class 10, 236.8 kbps
- Speed - HSDPA 14.4 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- WLAN - Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth - Yes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
- USB – Yes, microUSB v2.0
- Primary - 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, check quality
- Features - Geo-tagging, HDR
- Video - Yes, 720p@30fps, check quality
- Secondary - Yes, VGA
- OS - Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread), upgradable to v4.0
- Chipset – Qualcomm MSM8255T Snapdragon
- CPU - 1.4 GHz Scorpion
- GPU - Adreno 205
- Sensors - Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Colors – Glossy Black, Textured Black, Elegant White, Vibrant Yellow, Cherry Blossom Pink, Burgundy
The Honor is a pretty good-looking device, comes with a full touchscreen candy bar design. Its plastic body looked beautiful with a combination of black and white in front on the back. Just below of the wide screen, you will find four touch sensitive buttons: menu, home, back, and search. The Honor Long and fairly slim has the rounded edges and straight sides that are so popular today, and its sharper corners are reminiscent of the iPhone 4. It weighs 4.9 ounces.
Huawei logo printed clearly on the front just above the touch screen, while at the rear of Honor pinned hole adjacent to an 8 megapixel camera with flash. The volume button is on the left hand side of the device and took some getting used to but it’s pretty responsive. The power button and 3.5mm headphone jack are both on the top whereas the micro USB charger port is along the bottom.
The Huawei Honor U8860 comes with a standard 8MP HDR capable camera on the rear with LED flash which manages to capture good pictures with fair amount of detail. One thing immediately apparent was that the focusing seems a tad slow, and in-accurate under low light conditions but does well in good light.
In addition, this phone is capable of recording HD Ready (720p) video at a smooth 30 fps. There is also a VGA front-facing camera for video calls and taking self-portraits. Video performance is decent in good light even with moving objects, but under low light the moving objects are blurrish but still the overall video thought grainy is pretty decent.
The Honor U8860 has specification that can be found on a mid to high-end Android based Smartphone of today. Its based on a single core Qualcomm 1.4GHz SnapDragon CPU and Adreno 205 GPU, the U8860 should be able to handle everyday tasks without much issues. In terms of benchmarks, the Huawei Honor came in quite average although for a stock single-core system the results were higher than expected. The following table compares the Honor U8860 to some of the recent Android phones.
[table id=8 /]
The best feature of the Huawei Honor U8860 is the battery, which is a very healthy 1930mAh. Having a single-core processor and no overly huge screen the 1930 mAh battery kept this phone running well throughout a single days use. In our test, with Wi-Fi ‘On’ and the brightness set to medium, we got nearly 7hours and 40mins of battery life which involved 1.5hrs of calls, 2hours of audio streaming over Wi-Fi and audio and video playback.
Huawei Honor U8860 price in india : Rs. 19900. [approx]
- 8 MP snapper
- Good display
- Qualcomm chip inside
- UI is intuitive and very functional
- Plastic design feels a bit cheap
- display is a real fingerprint magnet
- only 1 GB of onboard storage
Bottom Line :
Over all, the Huawei Honor U8860 is a pretty decent Smartphone. It is well constructed, has a nice display, performs quite well. But there are several red flags though when it comes to aspects of the camera and call quality. The Honor U8860 would make a very good buy at Rs. 15,000, but not at this price. Plus, issues like the screen sensitivity and poor sunlight legibility make it all the more tough to recommend at its current price.