- Design :
- Value For Money:
The Nokia Lumia 900 is an excellent handset, which comes with a fresh new operating system in the form of Windows Phone 7.5 Mango, boasting a 4.3-inch display and thanks to a nifty AT&T bill credit from Nokia, you can essentially get this $99 LTE-equipped phone for free until the 21st. Can a combination of great design, high-end features and price make a bold statement for Nokia? Let’s find out.
Nokia Lumia 900 Features and Specification :
Display, Design & Camera
- Dimensions: 127.8 x 68.5 x 11.5 mm
- Weight: 160 GRAM
- Screen Length: 480 x 800 pixels Screen Resolution,4.3 inch ClearBlack AMOLED Touchscreen display
- Camera Features: Auto-focus , geo-tagging , Touch Focus, Auto and Manual White Balance ,Video Calling
- 8 mega pixel primary camera with Carl Zeiss optics lens, Dual-LED flash
- 1.3 Mega pixel Fixed Focus secondary camera
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- 16M colors
Operating System & Processors
- Runs on Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 Mango OS
- 1.4 GHz Snapdragon processor
Network & Connectivity
- HSUPA Cat6 5.76 Mbps
- WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- GPRS Class B
- Dual Transfer Mode (MSC 32)
- EDGE Class B
- HSPA+ Cat14 21 Mbps
- Diversity antenna array to maximize RF performance
- A-GPS and Glonass
- No NFC
- WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/n with 2.4 GHz
- USB 2.0 high-speed through micro USB connector
- Bluetooth wireless technology 2.1
- 3.5 mm AHJ connecton
- NFC support
Memory & Storage
- Having inbuilt 16GB internal memory , 512 MB RAM,
- No slot for micro-SD cards
- Available SkyDrive cloud storage
Audio,Video & Battery Back up
- HD 720p video playback
- H.264 @30fps
- MPEG-4 ASP
- 3GP, .3GP2, .MP4, .M4v, .MBR., .WMV (Windows Media Video 9 and VC-1)
- 3.3mm Jack is provided with the Phone to connect it with headphones or external speakers.
- It has Li-Ion 1830 mAh (BP-6EW) battery
- Talk time (maximum):GSM up to 7 hours WCDMA up to 7 hours Standby time (maximum):GSM up to 300 hours WCDMA up to 300 hours
- Video playback time 8 hours (maximum) and Music playback time 60 hours (maximum)
Browsing and internet
- Internet Explorer 9
- Hardware Graphics Acceleration
Processor and Storage :
The Nokia Lumia 900 is powered by a 1.4 GHz Qualcomm APQ8055 Snapdragon processor. The Windows 7.5 powered phone comes with 512 MB RAM. Like the Lumia 800, the phone comes with 16GB of storage space for apps, music, video, and photos and isn’t expandable via microSD, something that is a limitation of Windows Phone. With a huge storage capacity, Nokia decided to exclude the support for Micro SD cards.Means the phone does not have Micro SD card slots.
Operating System :
The Nokia Lumia 900 runs on the Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7 operating system called Mango [Windows Phone 7.5]. while the Galaxy S2 runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS and will get an Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade soon. However, as with all current Windows Phone handsets, there is a question mark over upgrades to the next version of the OS – Windows Phone 8 (Apollo).
Display and Size :
The Nokia Lumia 900 is very similar to its predecessor Lumia 800 but unlike the Lumia 800, the 900′s screen is not curved at the edges — it’s stamped straight onto the face of the phone. It comes with a bigger screen size of 4.3 inches with a of resolution 800 X 480 pixels. 4.3″ AMOLED ClearBlack glass touchscreen, one-piece polycarbonate body, excellent antenna performance. The Nokia Lumia 900 also arrives with similar matte black and the gorgeous cyan blue casings, with the prospect of more colours arriving once the device is launched. The phone’s screen size is slightly bigger compared the iPhone 4S, but does not sport the retina display which the iPhone boasts.
It has dimensions of 5.03 in (128 mm) x 2.7 in (69 mm) x 0.45 in (12 mm) and weighs just 159 grams.
The rear camera has an 8-megapixel with 3264 x 2448 pixels with 3x digital zoom, Carl Zeiss optics lens, autofocus, dual-LED flash and 720p video capture. I’m sad to say the Lumia 900′s 8-megapixel snapper carries on this legacy of disappointment. The level of detail in Lumia 900 snaps is generally soft rather than crisp. Nokia has also added a 1 megapixel for the front-facing camera, to enable video conferencing with the built-in Tango application. The 1 megapixel is definitely a plus point, while the iPhone 4S has a VGA front-facing camera. The video performance is also good.
When we talk about battery life, I think the Nokia Lumia wins over other smartphones. The phone has an excellent battery life with up to 300 hours of standby time. It uses an 1830 mAh battery with 7 hours 2G network and 3G network talk time, 60 hours of music playback and 6.5 hours of video playback time.
The version of the Lumia 900 that launched in the US includes a super-speedy 4G network chip. The phone features Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP. Lumia 900 also has the Wi-Fi Hop Spot feature by which you can enable your phone as a Wi-Fi Hot Spot for other Wi-Fi devices.
The phone also features EDR with speed of HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps, LTE, Cat3, 50 Mbps DL data. It has LTE connectivity on AT&T’s network, where it will be a carrier exclusive. That makes it Nokia’s first LTE phone.
Pricing of Nokia Lumia 900 :
Nokia Lumia 900 Price in India :Rs 33000 (Expected).
- Beautiful unibody polycarbonate casing (matte)
- Well-built and premium feeling in the hand
- Windows Phone is a refreshing joy to use
- Poor color reproduction on the camera
- The display is a bit pixelated
- If thin and light is your thing, this may feel clunky
The Nokia Lumia 900 is a beautiful 4G LTE Windows Phone. It has a great design, great ergonomics and thanks to its polycarbonate build, it is remarkably solid. Nokia has done the best it can to make the most of Windows Phone 7, for us making this a viable alternative to Android and the iPhone. If you find the Windows Phone software proposition to be compelling, then the Nokia Lumia 900 is a great smartphone candidate.
Let us know what’s your reviews about Nokia Lumia 900?